Survival On Snow (SOS) F1-ND Avalanche Transceiver Beacon
On backorder until August 2008.
The SOS F1-ND now has seven volume ranges instead of five, giving it the best audio signal of any analog beacon on the market. Changes in volume make it simple to determine how accurately you are aligned with the flux line and help you sense your proximity to a buried victim.
SOS has also increased the number of magnitude LED's from three to seven, which gives it a clearer visual signal when searching.
The F1-ND's LED's begin indicating a signal long before any other beacon gives any visual clues. This gives the F1-ND a greater "usable" range than other beacon when audio signals are very weak. The combination of superior audio and visual signals make staying lined up with the flux line easier than with any other analog beacon. #753-720
Questions about shipping?
Availability: Discontinued. We highly recommend the Pieps DSP or Pieps Freeride beacon.
- Frequency: 457 kHz
- Pulse Rate: 50 per minute
- Pulse Width: 300 milli sec
- Optimal Range 90 meters (dependant on orientation, battery condition, temperature and atomospheric conditions)
- Temperature Range: -25 C to +40 C
- Batteries: Quality AA Alkaline
- Battery Life: Transmit mode: 300 hrs; Receive mode: 50 hrs
- Battery Reserve: Transmit mode: up to 100 hrs; Receive mode: up to 5 hrs
- Weight: 230 grams including batteries
- Size: 75mm x 125mm x 25mm
- Visual Indicator: DSL (directional sensing LED bar graph)
- Audio: water resistant speaker
|Copyright 2012 GreatOutdoorsDepot.com. All rights reserved.
WARNING! Some aspects of mountaineering and other related outdoor activites are potentially hazardous.
Please read our Legal Disclaimer for more information.
BuyYaktrax - On Sale Now!